JISD School Board
Jblog! School Board News
- Current Instructional Calendar ('13-14) Changed
- Board Recognitions 2-20-14
- Board Recognitions 12-19-13
- Board Visits Metzger Middle School
- Board Recognitions 11-21-13
Get a short summary document covering what happened at a particular meeting. We will post a "Board Brief" after each meeting and list them here.
Community Input Welcomed
The School Board welcomes comments, input or suggestions from the public. Communicate your feedback with the Board by emailing comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting your Representative.
Currently Under Board Review:
Second Reading will be at the March 27 Board Meeting:
District Initiated Updates include:
- BP(LOCAL) - Administrative Regulations
- CH(LOCAL) - Purchasing and Acquisition
- DCB(LOCAL) - Employment Practices - Term Contracts
- DCD(LOCAL) - Employmnet Practices - At-Will Employees
Employee Communication With School Board Members
According to Texas Education Code 11.1513:
(j) The employment policy may not restrict the ability of a school district employee to communicate directly with a member of the board of trustees regarding a matter relating to the operation of the district, except that the policy may prohibit ex parte communication relating to: (1) A hearing under Subchapter E or F, Chapter 21; and (2) Another appeal or hearing in which ex parte communication would be inappropriate pending a final decision by a school district board of trustees.