Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) means students and staff may bring personal wireless devices to school for educational purposes. Changes in Board Policy and Acceptable Usage Policy have made this possible.
Types of Devices Allowed
- Smartphones (i.e. iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc.)
- Tablet computers (i.e. iPad, Playbook Galaxy Pad)
- Portable media devices (i.e. iPod Touch)
What You Need To Know
- Personally-owned devices are never to be plugged into the wired network.
- Devices can use the JISD-Guest wireless network
- At some locations, wireless coverage is only available in limited areas of the school
- Device usage is solely for educational purposes as noted in the AUP and board policy
- When using JISD-Guest wireless, you must accept the AUP in order to connect and use the internet
- Students MUST get approval from a teacher BEFORE bringing personal devices to school