Judson ISD eLearning 360
Technology Services & Instructional Technology are pleased to announce our new Judson ISD eLearning 360 initiative, which is allowing learning to take place online in and out of the classroom at any time.
Today's students live in a very different world, always connected by a multiplicity of devices. They learn differently and have new expectations for how to learn. Judson ISD eLearning 360 is about both students and teachers learning together in a new way, with the same high expectations for achievement.
The Judson ISD eLearning 360 initiative includes several related offerings
- Creation of a JISD Guest wireless network at all schools with wireless networks
- Supporting a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiative to give students greater access to using digital tools in the classroom
- Offering all students access via the MyJISD Portal to their Judson ISD files
- Offering secondary students access to use the Schoology social learning platform
- Offering secondary students Microsoft Live@Edu online Microsoft Office Web Apps, Outlook Live Email and Windows Live SkyDrive with 25GB of storage for student work
The Judson ISD Student Handbook and Board Policy have been updated to include language supporting this initiative. Students are allowed to bring devices for instructional purposes based on permission from their teacher.
Guest wireless networks are available at all Judson ISD sites except the following: Salinas ES, Olympia ES, James Masters ES, Converse ES, Spring Meadows ES, Judson MS, Kitty Hawk MS, Wagner HS, JLA, and JSAS. Wireless will be expanded to these campuses as budgets allow.