History of Judson ISD
On June 25, 1958, the Bexar County School Board combined the three common school districts of Converse, Kirby, and Selma to form Rural High School District No. 8. The newly constituted school board named this new district Judson Rural School District No. 8 in honor of Moses Campbell Judson, a strong advocate for the purification of San Antonio’s water system, sound educational institutions and family values.