* you may only travel on trips if you have paid your $20 membership fee.
FCCLA is a nonprofit national career and technical student organization for young men and women in family and consumer sciences education in public and private school, grades 7- 12.
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a dynamic and effective national student organization
that helps young men and women become leaders and address important personal, family, work and societal
issues through family and consumer sciences education. Chapter projects focus on a variety of youth concerns,
including teen pregnancy, parenting, family relationships, substance abuse, peer pressure, environment,
nutrition and fitness, teen violence and career exploration. Involvement in FCCLA offers members the
opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life -- planning, goal setting, problem
solving, decision making and interpersonal communication -- necessary in the home and workplace.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through family and consumer sciences
education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader,
members develop skills for life through--
- character development
- creative and critical thinking
- interpersonal communication
- practical knowledge and
- career preparation
- to provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- to strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- to encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- to encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- to promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- to provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities
- to prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society
- to promote family and consumer sciences and related occupations
- is the only in-school student organization with the family as its central focus
- is a career and technology student organization that functions as an integral part of the
- family and consumer sciences education curriculum and operates within the school system
- provides opportunities for active student participation at local, state, and national levels
Old Info 2011:
Kitty Hawk MS Teachers Surprised by Spurs Organization
We just were announced as a semi-finalist in the Spurs Team-Up Challenge. Many great things to come. Please check out our lind on the JISD webpage from 9-28-11:
Two Kitty Hawk Middle School teachers have been named as semi-finalists in the Spurs Team-Up Challenge! Mr. Acevedo and Ms. Rakotomanga each received $2,500 to begin the projects they submitted as part of the competition. In April, five champions will be named and they'll each win $20,000! Way to go! See the celebration and announcement below.
announcement with 20 semifinalists: http://www.nba.com/spurs/tuc_semifinalists_110929.html
You can see what FCCLA is all about by pasting this into your address bar:
http://www.texasfccla.org/ or http://www.fcclainc.org/
Please check out our link on JISD webpage from 11-18-10: https://swschoolworld.judsonisd.org/news.cfm?story=861
older Article from April 2010:
- What is FCCLA?
- Tell me more about Texas FCCLA