Students will have a two-period block class that combines the elements of both reading and writing to help students develop a deeper understanding of grade level TEKS.
Students will focus on 5 units of study this year, to include the following instructional units:
- Foundational Reading and Writing Skills: August 17th - 26th
- Taking Action and Facing Difficulties: August 29th - October 31st
- Teamwork/Love: November 1st - January 27th
- Perception vs. Reality: January 30th - April 12th
- Journey into the Future and Exploring What Comes Next: April 13th - May 26th
Students will be graded on the following:
- Tests/Projects: 40%
- Daily grades/quizzes: 60%
Please Note: Assignments will be posted on Canvas and will be updated daily.