Spanish 2 Syllabus
Name: Brinson, Jacqueline Email: email@example.com
Classroom: G231, language lab P211 Conference: 2nd period
Website: http://school.judsonisd.org/webpages/jbrinson/ Phone: 210-945-1100
Tutoring: Flex: Zoom tutorials
Course Description: Spanish 2 is a continuation of Spanish 1. It is a language course in which students will learn to listen, read, write and speak Spanish. This course integrates three modes of communication as described by ACTFL and the TEKS.
Course Objectives: Communication is the overarching goal of world language instruction. The goal is for students to perform at an intermediate mid proficiency level by the end of the year in all three modes of communication: Speaking, reading, writing, and listening.
- Electronic device for online learning.
- Notebook (Composition Book or Spiral)
- Writing Utensils— Pencils, Pens (black or blue), Highlighters, colored pencils
- Loose-leaf Notebook Paper
- Please consider contributing a box of Kleenex, Clorox wipes, or hand wipes.
Grading Policy: Grades will be determined by student performance.
60% Quizzes / Daily Assignments
40% Tests / Major Projects
*A minimum of one grade from the 40% category must be included in each progress report with a minimum total of 3 grades per nine weeks report card.
The semester/final examination grade will be given in all courses, which will count for 10% of the final/semester grade.
Late work is defined as any assignment that is not submitted on its due date, with the exception of make-up work for absences or approved school activities. When an assignment is submitted after the due date, a maximum penalty of five (5) points per day will be deducted from the grade. In case of extenuating circumstances, it is the parent/guardian and/or student’s responsibility to inform the teacher and/or appropriate administrator so that an exception to the rule may be considered. The principal or designee will have the final authority to grant any exceptions.
*Missing assignments will be recorded as “M” and count as a zero.
For Students Enrolled in Advanced Academic Courses From the JISD Secondary Grading and Reporting Handbook:
“Judson ISD offers a variety of advanced courses designed to enhance and challenge a student’s secondary school experience. For those students who choose to enroll in advanced academic courses, the grading policy could be different. There are higher academic and curricular standards set forth by the programs endorsing the courses. These courses include, but are not limited to, Advanced Placement (AP), Pre-AP, International Baccalaureate (IB), Pre-IB, GT, Dual Credit, and Honors. The course syllabi will outline the established grading policy for the course. IB operates on a grading policy of 60% minor and a 40% major with a three day late policy.”
Expectations for Behavior: online/In person:
- BE ON TIME: Wake up early; Log on a few minutes before class.
- BE IN A QUIET PLACE: Find a quiet place; Check your surroundings*.
- BE PREPARED: Computer is charged; Camera is on; Use headphones if you have them.
- PRESENTATION: Wear appropriate clothing; Sit up straight; Be in camera view. If background is to hectic, use a virtual screen approved by the teacher.
- PARTICIPATION: Be focused; Be attentive; Be an active participant. Be logged on
- CHAT RESPONSIBLY: Raise your hand to speak; Type your question in the chat box.
- COMMUNICATION: Speak clearly; Look up when speaking; Stay on topic (no side conversations)
- BE RESPECTFUL: Be kind; be considerate
- In class students: Restroom/Water – No one may leave the classroom during the first or last 10 minutes of class. A pass from the teacher is required to leave the classroom.
- Attendance/Food & Drink/Electronic Device Policy: Please see 2020 – 2021 Student Handbook
**STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RECORD VIDEO OR TAKE PICTURES OF OTHER STUDENTS/STAFF AT ANY TIME DURING CLASS OR POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA WITHOUT PERMISSION AND PRIOR CONSENT OF A STAFF MEMBER. THIS IS AGAINST SCHOOL POLICY AND VIOLATES MEDIA RESTRICTIONS OF SOME STUDENTS.
Parent/Guardian Contact Information:
Please complete and send the following information with your child immediately to me the first week of school. This will count as a homework grade.
Student's Name: __________________________________________ Period: _______
Parent/Guardian Name: ___________________________________________________
Relationship to Student: ___________________________________________________
*Please circle your preferred method of contact.
E-mail: _____________________________________ Phone: _________________________Cell Phone: _______________________
Work Phone: ____________________________________________________________
Student's Signature: _________________________________________ Date: ______________
Parent/Guardian's Signature: _____________________________Date: ______________