Dental Internship Program Policies
THE CLASS WILL RUN AS AN EFFECTIVE TEAM:
- Open –We will be receptive to each other’s ideas
- Honest- We will be truthful yet sincere when communicating with one another
- Trusting- We will believe in one another
- Not Afraid- We will be Risk Takers when it comes to education
- Supportive- We will help one another, remember we are only as strong as our weakest link
- Goal Oriented-We will always operate with a goal in mind
- Unguarded-We will feel safe to share our ideas
- Collaborative-We will share our ideas
- Purpose- We will operate with a servants attitude
- Pride-We will honor each other with dignity and respect, remember you not only represent yourself but your parents as well
Dental Employer Creed
I am a dental employer and I am entitled.
I am entitled to you arriving on time each and every day.
I am entitled to you coming in to our establishment with a professional mentality and appearance.
I am entitled to you having a professional work ethic and a positive attitude.
I am entitled to your dedication and a willingness to self-improve.
I am entitled to you keeping professional communication and displaying patience to your patients and peers.
I am entitled to you completing all delegated tasks responsibilities to the best of your abilities.
Not only me as your employer but the patients within the establishment are entitled to a high standard of privacy and patient confidentiality at all times.
I am entitled to you treating all patients, staff, and peers with a sense of respect and dignity.
1. Students are expected to come to class everyday
2. Students are expected to be on time and in your seat when the bell rings.
3. Students are expected to be respectful to classmates and teacher.
4. Students are expected to turn assignments in neatly, and on time, with your name, date and class block in the top right corner.
5. Students are expected to participate in class discussions and projects.
6. Students are expected to come to class prepared every day, with notebook, paper and writing utensil.
7. Students are expected not to have gum, food or drinks in the laboratory area.
8. Students are expected to use good housekeeping practices.
9. Students are expected not to use Medical/Dental equipment unless directed by teacher.
**Behavior Plan: Students in the internship are to follow all polices set forth from the Dental Internship Program and Judson ISD/HS, failure to do so will result in removal from program.
**Restroom Policy: STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO USE THE RESTROOM BETWEEN CLASSES. No student for any reason other than an emergency is to leave the classroom the beginning 10 minutes of class and the last 10 minutes of class. If the student has a medical condition in which frequent visits to the restroom are needed, the student must provide a note/letter from his /her physician stating this.
***Please reference dental program policies and contracts signed by parent and intern.