Rules and “Pet Peeves”
- Cell phones and headphones remain put away unless you have been given permission to use them.
- Please raise your hand to speak during class discussions. When someone is talking to the class we show them the courtesy of listening.
- Classroom vernacular may be relaxed but I need you to exercise restraint. I do not like to hear profanity. You are in a professional environment. Please conduct yourself as so.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Be prepared in class each day.
Daily work and homework will not be accepted late. Projects may be turned in late with a 10 point deduction for one day and 20 points for two days (Past 2 days will be a zero). Tests may only be re-taken for a maximum of 75 per district policy.
Grading weights and frequency (JECA)
- Homework 10% (Min of 2/9wks)
- Tests/Projects 40% (Min of 2/9wks)
- Quiz, Daily 50% (Min of 2 per week)
Make-up work for absences
- Students are expected to contact the teacher upon returning to school. It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements to obtain all agendas, class notes, assignments, etc. missed while absent.
- Students will be allowed one school day for each day that they are absent from a class to make up work without late consequences. The student can make up work for all absences and administrative suspensions.