RTI K-5 Teacher
Appropriate behavior is inculcated to ensure safety and order in the classroom as well as in society. Positive behaviors are strengthened through skill development.
“The more we practice, the better we get.”
“When we do the right thing, we have happy hearts.”
Character Counts Pledge:
To Be Trustworthy
To Be Respectful
To Be Responsible
To Be Fair
To Be Caring
To Be a Good Citizen
And to always have the Courage to do the Right Thing.
- Listen when speaker speaks.
- Raise hand and wait turn for teacher’s attention.
- Follow directions right away.
- Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Respect self and others with verbal and non-verbal actions.
- Praise from teacher (T-Choice, Verbal, High 5, Thumbs Up)
- Earned Time.
- Phone call or note home informing parent of students’ great work including acts of kindness, cooperation, improvement, etc…
- Verbal warning
- Parent Contact thru documentation on Behavior Calendar
- Loss of classroom privileges or reduced recess time
- Discipline Referral to Administration with possible Behavior Contract
Students: I have heard, read, and understand these Behavioral Expectations. I will practice and honor them in becoming a Good Citizen.