Please keep for future reference
- Drop off children no earlier than 7:00 a.m.. Your child will be directed to the cafeteria and picked up by 7:00am by an assigned staff member. Breakfast is free and will be served in the classroom from 7:00-7:35am.
- Tardy bell rings at 7:35 a.m. Any students not in their classroom before the tardy bell will need to report to the office for a tardy slip.
- Breakfast is free for all students.
- Kindergarten lunch is: 10:00 – 10:30 am. Please make sure you fill out an application for reduced or free lunch.
- Kinder will be having snack time every day to satisfy our hard-working brains! Snacks are not mandatory and you may send one in with your child if you choose to. Please make sure the snack is something your child can open independently and eat within 10 minutes. Please send a drinking container or a bottled water with your child. Water fountain will be used only for filling up drinking containers. We will have snack in the afternoon.
- School ends at 3:00 p.m., please be prompt. All children MUST
be picked up by 3:15 p.m. If you are running late, you can pick up your child at the office after 3:15 p.m.
- Walkers are picked up from the Gym out the exterior door.
- Daycare will be picked up on the side by the cafeteria.
- Bus riders are picked up from the cafeteria.
- If your child’s transportation changes in the afternoon for —example: Someone else will be picking him/her up, he/she is walking instead of getting a ride. Please let the teacher know with ample time by writing the changes in the communication folder calendar, ClassDojo, or note This is very important for your child’s safety so that they get home the correct way.
- Conference time is Monday – Friday, 7:50 am – 8:35 am (by appointment only). Students will either be going to PE, Music, Library or Computers during this time.
- The grading period will be every 9 weeks. Texas KIA CLA will be available during our conference period.
- A silver student communication folder will be going home every day. It needs to be signed and returned every day. This is one of the important ways to ensure effective communication between home and school.
- Conduct grade is from the communication folder calendar. 0-2 marks is an E, 3-5 marks is an S, 6-8 marks is an N, and 9 or more is a U.
- Follows directions
- Respects the rights, property, and feelings of others
- Cooperates with others
- Accepts responsibility for his or her own actions
- Exhibits self-control in a variety of settings
- Listens attentively
- Shows consistent effort with a positive attitude
- Completes tasks in a reasonable amount of time
- Works independently without disturbing others
- Classroom Rules
- Listen when others are talking.
2. Follow directions.
3. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
4. Work quietly and do not disturb others.
5. Show respect for school and personal property.
6. Work and play in a safe manner.
- Behavior-Restorative Approach
- Encourages students to understand the impact of and appreciate the consequences of their actions.
- Requires students to be accountable for their actions.
- Encourages respect for all concerned and develops empathy for others.
- Views conflict as opportunities to learn through problem solving.
- Restorative Circles (class discussions on a specific topic) held in all classrooms minimum of once a week.
Homework: Start each day reading for 15 minutes.
- A weekly parent’s newsletter informing you of what we are learning for the upcoming week and some reminders of what is coming up will be uploaded to the ClassDojo every Sunday afternoon. The parent newsletter will help you have discussions with your child about what he or she is learning. It is also for you to continue to help your child at home with what they are learning in school.
- If your phone number or email should change during the school year, please
send me the updated information and notify the office as soon as possible.
- When your child returns to school after an absence, he/she must bring a note stating the reason for the absence. If your child saw a doctor, please get an official doctor’s note. This will prevent any unexcused absences.
- Please label all coats, sweaters, etc., with your child’s name.
- Please provide your child with a backpack. It is necessary for the children to take home notes, papers, and books. It is more likely for their items to get home if he/she has something to carry them in.
- From time to time I will be in contact with you for a conference. If you have something you would like to discuss, please email or send a note to make an appointment for a conference. Your child’s teacher will contact you as soon as possible.
- Birthday invitations will not be handed out at school, unless your child has an invitation for each and every child in the class.
- We have birthday recognitions in the classroom for the birthday child. Although we do not have parties, you may provide store-bought cupcakes as a snack for the class. Plain frosting is preferred.
- Please do not allow your child to bring toys to school.
- From time to time we will send home an order form for your child to order books. You are not obligated to order or buy books. The majority of the books are paperback and relatively inexpensive. The form explains payment and how to order. Preferred Payment can be made on the Scholastic Books website online. I will not accept any form of payment for our safety.
- If you would like to volunteer or participate in ANY school activity (including field trips and class parties), you must take the volunteer class. This volunteer training is online via judsonisd.org. It takes 5 business days for your approval to process. please keep this in mind for events you may want to attend.
- If you send money with your child, please put it in a sealed envelope
with your child’s name on it, the date, and indicate what the money is for.