Copperfield Elementary is a Restorative Discipline campus. We follow the four components of RESPECT:
- Teacher respecting students
- Students respecting teachers
- Students respecting students
- ALL respecting classroom
When students are not following district, campus and/or classroom rules we take steps to help students become more kind, respectful, problem solving individuals.
- Abide by District Student Code of Conduct, Dress Code
- Follow the Respect Agreement
- Be on Time, Be Prepared, Be Ready To Learn
- Be Respectful, Responsible and Reliable
- Be kind and helpful
- Participate and Complete homework and class assignments.
- Come to school all day, everyday! Attendance is key!
Failure to follow Classroom Rules:
- First time: Gentle Reminder
- Second Time: 5 min loss of recess to discuss expectations with teacher
- Third Time: 10 min loss of recess, Circle with Teacher, Students complete behavior correction form, Red slip and Parent phone call
- Fourth Time: Lunch detention, Circle with Teacher, Students complete behavior correction form, Red slip and Parent phone call
- Fifth Time: Parent Teacher conference, Possible conference with Principal & Counselor
We implement many motivational strategies to help students exceed expectations.
In my classroom, students have the opportunity to earn the following:
- Warm Fuzzies:
- Students earn fuzzies for getting compliments for walking in the hall correctly, respecting cafeteria rules and from others on campus. When they fill the jar, they get a classroom reward of their choosing (pj day, popsicles, popcorn, extra recess, computer time, etc.)
- Raffle Tickets
- Students earn tickets for behavior, homework, outstanding work, etc. Tickets are entered into a weekly drawing for homework passes, lunch with the teacher, sit by a friend, etc.
- House Points : Students will continue to earn points for their house
- Green slips: Students receive positive notes home to parents when they exceed expectations or meet goals in the classroom.