Safety Support Staff
GOVERNING STUDENT CONDUCT ON JISD SCHOOL BUSES: A pupil riding or waiting on an JISD School Bus is under the supervision of the Judson ISD Schools the same as if the pupil is in the school building or on the school grounds, and therefore, is subject to the student disciplinary policies of JISD. Please discuss the following information with your child.
For a complete list or safety rules, please review Bus Rider's Safety Handbook.
BUS SAFETY STANDARDS
LEVEL I STANDARDS
- Students are to sign in the bus using a Fob or ID Card with RFID sticker.
- Students are required to stay seated in Assigned Seat.
- Students are not to yell, scream, or use profanity.
- Students are not to refuse following directions given by the Bus Driver or Bus Assistant.
Loss of Transportation Privilege: Student may be suspended from riding the bus for 3 days.
LEVEL II STANDARDS
- Students are not to throw objects in or outside the bus.
- Students are not to fight on the bus.
- Students are not to bully other students on the bus.
- Students are not to set off emergency Exit alarms.
Loss of Transportation Privilege: Student may be suspended from riding the bus for 5 to 10 days.
LEVEL III STANDARDS
- Students are not to exit bus from rear Emergency door or windows or the front door if not opened by the driver.
- Students are not to smoke or vape on the bus.
- Students are not to bring weapons (guns, knives, etc...) on the bus.
Loss of Transportation Privilege: Student may be suspended from riding the bus for 3 days to a year.
- Read and discuss with your child(ren) the responsibilities, behavior rules, and violation consequences covered by the JISD Guidelines Governing Student Conduct on JISD School Buses.
- Inform your child(ren) of the location of bus stop, time and to wait in a single line.
- Require your child(ren) to arrive 5 minutes prior to scheduled time and to conduct themselves appropriately on school buses.
- Support the school officials in their efforts to operate a safe and efficient transportation system.
IMPORTANT: PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING TRANSPORTATION FOR THE STUDENT TO ATTEND SCHOOL DURING SUSPENSION FROM THE BUS. THIS IS NOT A SUSPENSION FROM CLASS. IF STUDENT DOES NOT ATTEND SCHOOL AFTER SUSPENSION FROM THE BUS, THE ABSENCE IS UNEXCUSED.
- Inform parents and students of school bus rules and consequences of violations.
- Investigate all complaints and referrals.
- Confer with students, parent, and bus driver when appropriate.
- Be present or appoint a designated representative to be at the campus-loading zone during arrival and departure times.
- Meet with the drivers at the beginning of each school year and as needed throughout the year to discuss loading procedures, safety concerns, discipline procedures, etc...
- Maintain in the school office current schedules and rider information of all buses assigned to the campus. This information should be current by the end of the first week of school.
- Provide students with Blue Slips as needed.
- OPERATE THE BUS SAFELY.
- Be on the bus to supervise the daily boarding and de-boarding of students and follow campus procedure.
- Within the first two weeks of school discuss safety, evacuation procedures, and guidelines governing student conduct on JISD school buses with students.
- After the first verbal warning to the student, write a referral for any subsequent violations and give to a school official or their designated box and to the transportation department.
- Assign seats, maintain a current seating chart.
- Call the Dispatcher for any needed guidance.
Student Management Specialist
A Student Management Specialist uses restorative practices to build and maintain relationships between students, teachers, and parents. They help students to grow and to improve behavior while creating individual interventions for students.
Video Safety Specialist
A Video Safety Specialist is responsible for assembling recorded raw material from the school bus camera system for internal purposes regarding safety issues on a school bus.