Escondido Elementary Library is a new library brimming with over 11,000 titles for our students to get lost in. We are so privileged to have shelves full of new books, and we look forward to growing into our new space, where we will push the boundaries of what a learning resource center can be. We strive to show pride in everything we do, taking care of the amazing resources we have.
7:00 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
Classes visit the library every one to two weeks to grow their skills in literacy and the navigation of our vast information world, as well as to enhance their love of reading. There are opportunities for students to visit the library on their own before school and at times during the school day when the library media specialist is not facilitating other classes.
Policies and Procedures
- PreK, Kinder, and 1st grade students will be able to check out 1 book at a time, while 2nd through 5th grade students will be able to check out 2 books at a time. Books are checked out for a two week period, but students may exchange books sooner, if they wish.
- For the first few months, PreK and Kinder students will keep their books at school while they learn about book care. A note will be sent home when they begin taking books home with them.
- Fines are not given for late books; however books that are lost or damaged beyond repair may require payment in the amount needed to replace the book. Also, students may not check out new books if they have an overdue book out.
- Fines and books from other Judson campuses do carry over. Students are responsible for turning in books from their previous schools or making arrangements before they will be able to check out books at Escondido.
- It makes us sad to see students move away, but we understand it is a part of life. In the instance that your family moves to a new campus, please remember to turn in your books before you leave so that we may share them with students for many years to come.