Latest Bus Routing Schedules: Using the Chrome Browser Click Here to be directed to InfoFinder I or on the JISD Main Page under FAMILIES click on "Bus Routes", which will also direct you to InfoFinder I. Type in your address and the routes for your child's elementary, middle, and high schools will come up under Results. Click here for the Transfinder for Parents Brochure.
Mission: The Mission of the JISD Transportation Department is to provide Transportation that is a safe, reliable, and timely as well as a feeling of security to the District Community to include the students, parents, and administration.
Goals of the Transportation Department:
- Gain public confidence through courteous and safe operation of district vehicles
- Strictly observing all traffic laws, using defensive driving, and maintaining route reliability
- Communicate with all customers and the general public in a respectful and professional manner
Judson ISD provides transportation if the following requirements are met:
- The student must live more than two (2) miles from their assigned school as measured by the shortest route that may be traveled on public roads from the student's home to school.
- The student must reside in the district and in the attendance area of the school they attend.
- If a student does not attend the school in their attendance area, transportation is not provided.
School Bus Driver's/Assistant's Prayer: Please, Lord watch over me this day. As I get up early to go to work, keep me clear headed and focused with a loving heart and a smile to greet my precious cargo. Please help me rmember to watch all five mirrors, two dozen windows, eight gauges, six warning lights, six dozen faces, three lanes of traffic, and to keep a third eye open for wobbling bicycles and daydreaming pedestrians, especially teenagers wearing headsets or on their mobile phones who are in another world. Please, Lord, help me hear all train whistles, truck and automobile horns, police sirens, and the two-way radio. Please, Lord give me a hand with the steering wheel, the airbrake, the control panel, the two-way radio, and the route that I am on. Dear Lord, grant me control of the bus when road conditions are rough and/or wet and slick. And, Lord, please grant me the self-control to keep my hands to myself when a student is screaming or throwing a tantrum. And one more thing, dear Lord, please don't let a student be sick all over the bus. And finally, Lord, please watch over us all so that we can do it again tomorrow. Amen.