What is a Dispatcher? Dispatchers are communications personnel responsible for receiving and transmitting pure and reliable messages, tracking vehicles and equipment, and recording other important information.
Things Parents/Guardians Need to Know
When you call Transportation, please have the following information:
- Students name.
- Student’s ID number.
- Student’s Home School.
- Student’s Bus #.
- Students Bus Stop Location.
Conduct on the Bus
- No Drinking or Eating on the bus.
- Do not change seats.
- Each student will be expected to remain seated for the duration of the trip, and remain seated until the bus door opens.
- Normal conversation is permitted; any loud noises may distract the driver and create an unsafe condition.
- Scuffling, fighting, and the use of obscene, vulgar, or profane language and gestures are forbidden.
- Do not throw objects inside or out of the bus.
- Do not mark, cut, or scratch any part of the bus. Vandalism costs will be paid by the person who is responsible.
- Students shall face forward for the duration of the trip, and shall keep their feet on the floor in front of them and out of the bus aisle.
- Video recordings are made of student activity on the bus for safety, disciplinary, and training purposes.
How many students on a school bus
- Elementary Schools – Pre-K to 2nd Graders sitting 3 to a seat, 75 students on a bus; 3rd Graders to 5th Graders sitting 2 to a seat, 51 students on a bus.
- Middle School – Sitting 2 to a seat, 51 students on a bus.
- High School – Sitting 2 to a seat 51 students on a bus.
School Bus Safety Rules
- Obey the instructions of the bus driver. At no time will a student act toward, or address comments to a bus driver in a disrespectful manner, or refuse to cooperate with the driver.
- Board and leave the bus at designated stops only.
- Only the students who are eligible to ride may be transported and must ride their assigned bus.
- Students will abide the individual school's rules and regulations concerning bus students, including conduct and dress code.