Meet the Counselor
Phone: (210)659-5045 ext.45054
Degrees and Certifications:
School Counselor / grades EC-12 Elementary Self-Contained / grades 1-8 Generic Special Education / grades PK-12
Ms. Deborah Murphy
Hi! My name is Deborah Murphy and I have the BEST job at Salinas Elementary, working with children and families through the Guidance Program, as your counselor.
I graduated in 1990 from University of Incarnate Word and received my Masters in School Counseling from Texas A&M-Kingsville.
My purpose is to assist students with their social, personal, and academic goals, as well as provide support for the parents and teachers.
We have several programs to assist families/students in need, such as...
• Salinas' Closet - clothes, shoes, and school supplies for students in need
• McKinney-Vento - assist families who are experiencing temporary financial hardship
• Support/resources for military-connected children/families
• Classroom Presentations
• Group Counseling • grief, divorce, social skills, and study skills
• Brief Solution-Focused Counseling
• Parent Consultations
• Community Resource Referrals
Please call or email if you have any questions and/or concerns.