Early College High School
Early College High Schools (ECHS) are innovative high schools that allow students least likely to attend college an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and 60 college credit hours.
Early College High Schools:
- provide dual credit at no cost to students
- offer rigorous instruction and accelerated courses
- provide academic and social support services to help students succeed
- increase college readiness, and
- reduce barriers to college access.
Source: Texas Education Agency, 2019
The Judson Early College Academy (JECA) is our district's early college high school.
JECA partners with Northeast Lakeview College (NLC) and is located on the NLC campus.
Students at JECA have the opportunity to earn a high school diploma with Distinguished Level of Achievement and an Associates of Arts with a liberal arts concentration.