Curriculum & Instruction
The Curriculum & Instruction Department is proud to serve the students, teachers, paraprofessionals and administrators of Judson ISD! The C&I Team is made up of Accountability, Testing, and Data Research, Core Content Area Specialists, Response to Intervention, English Language Learner, Instructional Technology, Professional Learning and Instructional Materials Departments. The C&I Team provides support to our teachers and students by:
- Collaborating with instructional leadership and campus staff to ensure the implementation of evidence-based instructional practices through planning, co-teaching, and modeling
- Assisting teachers with meeting the individual needs of all student populations by providing high quality resources
- Developing a tiered and aligned curriculum with high-yield instructional strategies and supports for struggling learners
- Creating formative district common assessments to drive instruction and monitor student progress
- Guiding teacher leaders (PLLC) in facilitating relevant professional learning through our comprehensive professional learning plan
- Providing instructional coaching and mentoring support
The C&I Team looks forward to a fabulous school year in 2019-2020! Should you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact our office. Thank you.
Cecilia Davis serves as the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction for Judson ISD. She leads the instructional specialists in the development of a robust curriculum and ensures the implementation of best practices through facilitation of quality professional learning. Throughout her tenure in Curriculum and Instruction, Ms. Davis has provided leadership in various central office departments, including Federal Programs and Grants, Instructional Technology, Health and Wellness, English Learner Programs, Dyslexia and 504 Services, Response to Intervention, Professional Development, Instructional Materials, Data Research, Testing and Accountability.
Ms. Davis enjoys instructional coaching and focuses on building leadership capacity with team members, as well as designing and facilitating innovative professional learning experiences for administrative leadership and teachers in her district. Recent projects Ms. Davis has spearheaded include the All Day Pre-K Initiative, New Teacher Training and Lead Mentor District Cohort, redesign of the JISD Curriculum, and the establishment of the JISD District Professional Learning Conference.
Ms. Davis received her Bachelor of Science and Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Texas at Brownsville. She has served in education for the last 20 years in 4 school districts, including Brownsville ISD, Seguin ISD, and Comal ISD, but has now chosen Judson ISD. Ceci has been happily married for 18 years to her husband, Dr. Bill Davis. They are the proud parents of two young boys, Liam and Jacob.
Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction
(210) 945-6904 FAX
Secretary to the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction
(210) 945-6904 FAX