JISD Pre-Kinder students will:
* Create friendships, learn to interact with others and learn about the world around them
* Develop social and emotional skills
* Develop language and communication skills
* Develop an understanding of letters, sounds, words and books
* Develop an understanding of numbers, shapes, patterns and size
* Develop readiness skills in reading, writing, mathematics, science and social studies
* Master the Texas Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines that identify the skills and concepts necessary for completing Pre-Kindergarten.