Ms. Evans Arts 2020-21
Veterans Memorial High School
Dear Parents and Art Students,
Grading will follow District Policy – with an emphasis on participation and effort.
The only way a student fails a Judson ISD art class is by not participating or failing to turn in assignments. Please pay attention to the comments on progress reports and report cards.
- Students will not be allowed to use class-time to complete make-up/late work – it must be completed at home or during tutorial time.
- Late work will be accepted up until 3 days before the end of the 9 weeks.
- Students may retake exams if they receive a failing grade, but must do so within one week of the original exam and must schedule an appointment outside of class time in which to test.
III. Class Expectations
- Students must follow all VMHS campus rules while in an art classroom.
- Students must follow specific Art Classroom Rules (below).
IV. Art Classroom Rules
- Give the teacher your complete attention during lectures.
- No profanity/disrespectful language allowed in the classroom.
- Respect other students and their property.
- Clean your work area at the end of class.
- Remain seated until the bell rings.
BE ON TIME:
- Always on time, never tardy!
- Have the necessary supplies out and be ready to work at the beginning of class.
- Take proper care of the art supplies and equipment.
BE ON TASK:
- No sleeping or horseplay
- No working on other class assignments during class time
- No working on other students’ art (peer encouragement and suggestions are encouraged)
- Do not use cell phones for games, movies, talking, texting, research only!
- Follow directions carefully while using materials and/or tools that have the potential for harm.
- Students must follow appropriate safety measures to be allowed to use specific supplies.
- Save your snack foods & beverages for lunch or before/after school. Water bottles are always OK.