INFORMATION FOR THE CLASS OF 2023 TO COME!
FAFSA/TASFA will open October 1st
We will offer Financial Aid Nights throughout the school year to help students fill out their financial aid forms.
In the meantime, please collect the following items to prepare:
- 2021 Tax Return
- 2021 W2s if both parents worked in 2021
- FSA IDs for students and one parent (Information for FSA IDs is below)
What is the TASFA?
The Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) allows students that are non-citizen Texas residents to apply for state financial aid. Students that do not posess a social security number, may still qualify for state financial aid.
What qualifies as a Texas Resident?
- Graduated from a Texas high school or received a GED certificate in Texas
- Lived in Texas for three years before graduating from high school or receiving GED certificate
- Lived or will have lived in Texas for 12 months prior to the census date of the semester in which they enroll in college
- Has applied or plans to apply to become a permanent resident at the earliest opportunity
Still not sure if you should fill out the TASFA? Check out the image below: