The Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted and Talented Students
The Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented lays our the requirements and recommendations of gifted and talented services in the State of Texas. It covers the five major areas listed below:
- Fidelity of Services: School districts comply with gifted/talented accountability standards and monitor the effectiveness of assessment and services for gifted/talented students.
- Student Assessment: Gifted/talented identification procedures and progress monitoring allow students to demonstrate and develop their diverse talents and abilities.
- Service Design: A flexible system of viable service options provides a research-based learning continuum that is developed and consistently implemented throughout the district to meet the needs and reinforce the strengths and interests of gifted/talented students.
- Curriculum and Instruction: Districts meet the needs of gifted/talented students by modifying the depth, complexity, and pacing of the curriculum and instruction ordinarily provided by the school.
- Professional Learning: All personnel involved in the planning, creation, delivery and administration of services to gifted/talented students possess the knowledge required to develop and provide differentiated programs and services.
To learn more about specific requirements and recommendations, please access the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented Students.