Curbside Meals Cooking Instructions
Judson ISD continues to serve curbside meals free of charge at Spring Meadows Elementary, Rolling Meadows Elementary, Judson High School and Wagner High School from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm Monday through Friday:
The following are general cooking instructions for the curbside meals:
- Heat food items to 165 degrees F prior to consuming if they are intended to be served hot.
- Use a food thermometer to check a food’s internal temperature.
- Frozen foods should be stored in the freezer until ready for cooking and consumption.
- Cold foods, such as milk and cheese, should be kept cold (<40 degrees F) in the refrigerator.
- Items such as waffles and pancakes can be microwaved for 30-35 seconds in the microwave.
- The Pancake Breakfast Sandwich can be heated for 1-2 minutes in the microwave or in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Chicken tenders, mini corn dogs, chicken drumstick, tangerine chicken, etc., needs to be heated to an internal temp of 165 degrees F. Use a microwave or oven set at 350 degrees F.
- Heat vegetables such as mashed potatoes, baked beans, green beans, buttery corn and steamed carrots, until they reach 165 degrees F.
- Microwave rice dishes for 2 minutes or until internal food temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Reheat pizza slices in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot.