The TSTEM Academy is currently in its fifth year serving 200 9th-12th grade students that go through rigorous instruction and accelerated coursework. Our goal is to produce college-ready graduates that are interested in studying and entering STEM careers. We take pride in offering students tailored courses that fit their STEM interests and future careers
TSTEM offers various benefits to its students:
- The TSTEM program follows a school within a school model.
- Available to students at no cost!
- AM & PM shuttle bus transportation to Wagner is available from select middle and high school campuses. (Pick up and drop off stops are determined by JISD transportation)
- Students are maintained as a cohort to the greatest extent possible.
- Project-Based Learning (PBL) is used throughout the core classes.
- Technology is integrated throughout with students using one-to-one devices.
- Boosted GPA: All core classes are Honors, AP, or dual credit.
- Field trips, job shadowing, and other experiences are provided.
- All CTE and extracurricular classes are available to STEM Students.
- Students can receive a STEM endorsement for taking three consecutive courses in a STEM pathway.
- Project Lead the Way Engineering and Computer Science Courses offered.
- Guest Speakers by STEM professionals.
- Work-Based Learning through job shadowing and hands-on experiences.
- Community service expectation.
- Partnerships with community businesses.