Social Media Policy
Judson ISD recognizes the importance of communicating with the public online, including through social media. The District actively utilizes social media platforms to efficiently inform, educate and distribute district wide information. The main objective is to share district wide information, highlights, event coverage, student & teacher recognitions, and accomplishments for all Judson ISD campuses and departments. Our social media platforms are the gateway of information for the district by leading efforts to provide information and inspiration to staff, students, families and the broader community.
Judson ISD Social Media Platforms
Judson ISD has several active social media communities online including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. We encourage the community to take a look at our social media accounts and get involved. We appreciate open discussion and look forward to your comments, stories and experiences. Before you post, we highly encourage that you become familiar with our polices described on this page.
For campuses and departments interested in forming or maintaining a social media presence, we offer an array of tools, including one-on-one consults to discuss social media goals and strategy, as well as offer insights and ideas. Before creating any social media account, you must check with your school’s administrator for any school specific regulations or branding guidelines. District employees can contact Judson ISD Multimedia Coordinator, Briana Estrada, at email@example.com for more information.
- is off-subject or out of context
- contains obscenity, abusive or inappropriate statements
- is abusive or negative toward another individual
- contains sensitive personal information
- contains offensive terms that target protected classes
- is threatening, harassing, or discriminatory
- incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
- contains information that could reasonably be construed to compromise public safety
- advertises or promotes a commercial product, service, or any entity or individual, or a product/service that contains links to other websites
- contains positive or negative political information; promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates
- violates U.S. fair use or copyright laws
- violates any Judson ISD policy
Only public information is permitted to be posted by Judson ISD on social media websites. If communication that takes place on Judson ISD social media websites involves or requires private information, communication will be redirected through other appropriate channels. Judson ISD is not responsible for content posted by others to district social media sites. Judson ISD may remove postings to its social media sites that contain personally identifiable information, but neither Judson ISD, nor its licensors or contractors, are responsible for any damages caused by delays in such removal.
Terms of Service
Judson ISD social media sites are third party sites and have terms of service and policies that are not governed by the District. These third- party sites are not official Judson ISD websites and the third party’s website terms of service and policies apply. The terms of service for the social media sites used by Judson ISD can be found below: