This is designed to give students a way to raise awareness of their emotional needs & provide tools to get themselves ready to learn. Click the link below to check in:
1 Minute Stress Strategies
- When tense, we often breathe from the upper chest. A full, deep breath helps relieve tension.
- Take a deep breath, letting your abdomen expand fully.
- Hold it for about 3 seconds.
- Let your breath out all at once (with a sigh if you want).
- As you exhale, relax your jaw and shoulders. Think calm…
When our minds are filled with stressful thoughts, our bodies become stressed. Focusing on body processes can help calm mental activity, which in turn can result in physical relaxation. This technique will help you take a break from stressful thoughts.
- With your eyes closed, shift your attention to the tip of your nose.
- As you breathe in, become aware of the air entering your nostrils.
- As you breathe out, be aware of the sensations of air passing back out. Do this several times.
- Repeat several times: breathe in… breathe out… breathe in… breathe out…
- Picture a place (real or imagined) where you can be totally relaxed.
- With your eyes closed, take a moment to visualize an ideal place to relax. Make it any place attractive to you.
- Using all senses, feel yourself in comfortable clothes, hear pleasant sounds, see beautiful colors.
- Visit this spot whenever you need to relax. Take a mini-vacation!