The Department of Innovation
The Department of Innovation serves to meet the needs of the Judson community by keeping a student-centered mission to:
- expand the number of inventive, imaginative school options
- raise the percentage of students in high-quality, best-fit campuses, and
- increase the academic achievement of all students
to ensure Judson ISD is a premier, destination school district that welcomes all students in the greater-San Antonio area.
Systems of Great Schools
Judson is a member of TEA’s System of Great Schools (SGS) Network and is implementing its four-lever strategy:
- analyze school performance,
- expand great options,
- improve access to options, and
- create new organizational structures.
In a dynamic, collaborative process, the School Board and district leadership awards campuses that submit redesign plans with an Innovation Designation. Judson ISD is proud to offer specialized, open-enrollment school models across the district. The following schools currently hold an Innovation Designation:
- Converse Elementary—Year-Round
- Ed Franz Elementary—Leadership
- Elolf Elementary—Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics (STEAM)
- Mary Lou Hartman Elementary—Spanish Immersion
- Park Village Elementary—Blended Learning
- Wortham Oaks Elementary—Spanish Immersion
- Henry Metzger Middle—Blended Learning
- Judson Middle—Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM)
- Judson High—Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH)
- Karen Wagner High—Texas Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (T-STEM)
- Judson Early College High School
All campuses may apply for the Innovation Designation and transform their school into the program their families & communities desire.
Strategic Partnerships and Grants
The Department of Innovation strives to build strong relationships with parents, teachers, staff, and community leaders as we envision a more robust future of success for Judson ISD. We seek strategic partnerships and external resources, including significant funding grants such as the following:
- Effective Schools Framework,
- United States Department of Education Teacher Leader Programs, and
- School Action Fund
to support transformational practices and innovative systems.
Innovation Designation Campuses
Innovative Campus Programs