Hello Happy People! Welcome to English I!
Students will learn and/or develop a growth mindset while learning to think more creatively and critically.
Students will become proficient in communicating their thoughts and ideas effectively.
2 Composition Notebooks College Ruled
Blue or Black Ink Pens
Classwork, and quizzes will count as 60% of the student’s average.
Essays are considered Test Grades.
Tests, projects, and other major grades will count as 40% of the student’s average.
Late work will be accepted with a ten point per day penalty.
Plagiarism will result in a ZERO on the assignment, project, or paper.
The Merriam Webster Dictionary defines plagiarism as:
- copying/stealing and passing off as one’s own the ideas or words of another
- Using someone else’s created production without crediting the source
- Committing literary theft
If you’re caught, YOU WILL BE GIVEN A ZERO. NO EXCUSES, NO SECOND CHANCES.
Development of community leaders and role models who are academically and socially prepared for life beyond high school and give back to the community for the advancement of those who will follow in their footsteps.
- Be Polite and Courteous to all T-Birds
- Be Prompt and Prepared for Class Each Day
- Be Courageous, and Positive in each lesson.
Semester At A Glance
Foundational Reading & Writing Skills:
- Aug. 17th – Aug 23rd (5 Days)
Primary Focus = Set up Journals, Journal Writing, Reading & Writing Procedures
Our Need to Belong/Fitting In & Personal Identity
- Aug 24th – Sept 23rd (22 Days)
Why people feel the need to belong/how people behave in different situations or atmospheres
The Call to Adventure & the Power of Intelligence
- Sep 26th – Oct 31st (25 Days)
Hero’s Journey, what people learn along the way/how to define intelligence
Love and Sacrifice/Helping Others
- Nov 1st – Jan 6th (31 Days)
Research project; Oral presentation