Welcome to Kitty Hawk Middle School!
6TH Grade Social Studies
Mrs. Thomas ~ Room 1026
On behalf of the Kitty Hawk Middle School 6th grade Social Studies team, I am happy to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure students achieve their highest potential. We recognize that to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a significant difference in your child’s education.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily, arrives on time to every class
2) Completes all work assignments given by teacher
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to be successful
I am attaching a page of Social Studies expectations to this letter. The last page will need to be filled out and returned. The form provides an expedient means of communicating and collaborating, and it will be kept on file in the classroom.
Please return the completed form to me on or before August 26, 2022.
It is particularly important to work as a team to guarantee a safe and productive school year. I am privileged to be a part of this school family, and I am honored to share in your child’s academic journey. Thank you for your support and please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Ms. Kimberly Thomas
6th Grade Social Studies/ESL
6th Grade Social Studies Expectations
- Be respectful to your teacher, your classmates, and yourself
- Be on time and have good attendance
- Be prepared to begin when the Tardy bell rings
- Bring your materials for class daily
- Be positive and create a positive learning environment
- Be an active learner
- Textbook (class set)
- Atlas (class set)
- Composition Journal (specifically for Social Studies)
- Notebook Paper
- Colored Pencils (if you want your own set)
- 40% Tests and Projects
- 60% Daily Assignments, Quizzes
Late Work Policy
- You get one additional day to complete an assignment for every day that you have an excused absence.
- Tuesdays 3:50-4:15 PM
- Thursdays 7:45-8:10 AM
Cellphones are to be put away for the entire class period. If you have concerns about your child not having their cellphone, please email me with your concern.