Syllabus For Mrs. Kopp’s 8th Grade RLA Class
Teacher(s): Mrs. Kopp and Mrs. Franco (CoTeach)
Classroom Number: A230
Phone: (210) 661-1140
Students are expected to follow classroom expectations during every class period. Expectations are set in place so we can have a positive learning environment and the classroom runs smoothly as well as effectively. The classroom expectations are as follows:
- BE ON TIME TO CLASS AND ENTER THE CLASSROOM IN A CALM AND ORDERLY FASHION. SIT DOWN IN YOUR ASSIGNED SEAT WITH MATERIALS READY TO GO. (PENCIL, PAPER, JOURNALS, ETC.)
- CELL PHONES AND EAR BUDS MUST BE OUT OF SIGHT AND OUT OF MIND. NO CELLPHONES ARE NEEDED DURING INSTRUCTIONAL TIME.
- RAISE YOUR HAND FOR QUESTIONS OR TO ANSWER A QUESTION OR DISCUSSION DURING INSTRUCTIONAL TIME
- KEEP HANDS TO SELF. DO NOT TOUCH OTHERS BELONGINGS OR PROPERTY.
- NO SHOUTING ACROSS THE ROOM OR AT EACH OTHER
- NO CURSING OR DEROGATORY LANGUAGE IN THE CLASSROOM.
- BE HUMBLE AND RESPECT OTHERS
If classroom expectations are not followed the following consequences will take place:
2. Separation from group and student will have a conference with teacher
3. Call/ email home.
4. Office referrals.
It is a requirement to be in class for the entire session with your materials and supplies ready to go before the tardy bell rings. If you are absent for any reason, it will be your responsibility to collect and make up any work that you may have missed. If you are absent for more than 3 days, I will be contacting home to see if there is anything I can do to help you or if you are ok and well.
- 2 Composition Notebooks
- 2 Highlighters
- 1 pack of Index Cards
- 1 pack of colored pencils
- 1 pack of #2 Pencils
- 1 pack of Black Pens
- 1 pack of Blue pens
- 1 pack of Red pens