- The student discusses economic concepts impacting prices.
- The student defines ethics in business
- The student identifies the role and impact of government, the legal system, and organized labor in business.
- The student differentiates between the types of economic systems, with emphasis on the private enterprise system and the United States economy.
- The student analyzes cost and profit relationships in finance.
- The student analyzes the sale process, techniques used to enhance customer relationships, and the likelihood of making sales.
- The student demonstrates how to advertise by communicating promotional messages to targeted audiences.
- The student understands how to increase sales by employing visual merchandising techniques and using special events to increase sales.
- The student knows that advertising is the paid form of non-personal communication about an identified sponsor's products.
- The student understands the fundamental principles of money.
- The student demonstrates an understanding of personal financial management.
- The student analyzes career opportunities and formulates a career plan.
- Course Introduction – Syllabus & AUP
- Lab and Safety rules
- Human Relations
Computer terminology and History
Project Integration – Word & Excel
Project Integration – Word & Access
- PowerPoint (5 weeks)
Project integration – Word, Internet, and PowerPoint
- Semester Integration Project: (6 Week Project + Counts as 75% of Final Exam Grade)
Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Project Management
- Creating and Managing a Business Project
- Planning and Implementing a Business Project
- Analyzing and Evaluating a Business Project
- The Importance of Verbal Communication
- Soft Skills in the workplace
- Business Reporting
- Diversity at Work
- Internal and External Communication
- Professionalism in Social Media Marketing
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing
- A Marketing Tool; Social and Mobile Media
- Successful Social Media in Marketing
- The Legal Side of Social Media Marketing