Mental health is a state of mental well-being that enables people to cope with the stresses of life, realize their abilities, learn well and work well, and contribute to their community.
- New academy for student and family support services staff with 3 years or less experience in their current position.
- Campus-based training with PowerPoints created by the district to cover Suicide/Homicide prevention, Teen Dating Violence, Human Trafficking, Child Abuse, Trauma Informed Care, SEL/Mental Health, Bulling vs Conflict, Handle with Care, and LGBTQ (optional).
- Yearly trainings and professional development are provided by counselors and social workers.
- Prevention after Suicide/Homicide Ideation - Campus counselors and social workers consult when dealing with suicide/homicide ideation. Counselors or social workers follow up with students when they return to school.
- Mental and Behavioral Health Management System – Frontline - Counselors and Social Workers input information into the system to record behavioral risks.
- Handle with care - Notification from Bexar county, San Antonio Police, Universal City Police, and Live Oak Police when they are called to one of our student’s home. The Executive Director of Student and Family Support Services receives notification from SAPD and forwards information to the appropriate campus principal and counselor via email. Teachers are then informed to be vigilant and aware of student behavior to provide support as needed.
- Gaggle Alerts - Monitoring of student electronic usage to assess critical and questionable situations that pertain to suicide, homicide, drug use, nudity, and violence.
- STOPit - Anonymous reporting tool for students to report bullying, cyberbullying or cyber abuse, harassment, violence, threat or weapon possession, alcohol or drug related issues, hazing, discrimination, and ethics violations such as cheating or plagiarism.
- Clarity Child Guidance Center
- Family Service Association
- Texas Child Access Through Telemedicine ( TCHATT)
- Children s Bereavement Center
- Crossing Bridges, Positive Insight, and Pursuing Joy
- Family Service Association – Early Childhood Well-being Program ( ECWB)
- HOPE Youth Family Development