Our Attendance Coordinator plays a pivotal role in promoting regular school attendance, while also chairing the attendance committee to address attendance matters comprehensively.
Ms. Sandra Luna
(210) 619-0220 ext. 18004
Role and Responsibilities:
The Attendance Coordinator serves as a point of contact for attendance-related matters and chairs the school's Attendance Committee. The Attendance Coordinator's combined responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and tracking student attendance records.
- Collaborating with teachers, parents, and administrators to address attendance concerns.
- Implementing strategies to improve and maintain student attendance.
- Providing support to families in understanding attendance policies and procedures.
- Working with school counselors and administrators to address individual student attendance needs.
- Coordinating efforts to recognize and reward good attendance.
- Assisting with addressing truancy and unexcused absence cases as necessary.
Attendance Committee Leadership:
- Chairing meetings of the Attendance Committee to discuss and address attendance-related challenges and initiatives.
- Collaborating with staff, parents, students, and community members to develop effective strategies to improve attendance.
- Reviewing attendance data, trends, and patterns to identify areas for improvement.
- Proposing and implementing proactive measures to boost student attendance and engagement.
- Leading efforts to celebrate and promote positive attendance achievements within the school community.
Importance of Regular Attendance:
Regular school attendance is essential for academic success. Attending school consistently helps students:
- Keep up with coursework and classroom activities.
- Engage in learning and classroom discussions.
- Build positive relationships with teachers and peers.
- Develop strong study habits and time management skills.
- Participate in extracurricular activities and school events.
Parent and Guardian Involvement:
We encourage parents and guardians to partner with us to ensure their student's regular attendance. If you have questions, concerns, or need assistance related to attendance, please feel free to reach out.
To report a student's absence, please email email@example.com.
Use the subject heading Excuse Note for absence-excuse notes.
Use the subject heading Early Dismissal for early dismissals.
Please remember that any early dismissals will still require that you submit excuse notes if your student misses class.
Thank you for your collaboration in promoting a positive attendance culture at Veterans Memorial High School. Our Attendance Coordinator and Attendance Committee are here to support students and families in this important aspect of education.