History & Mission
Welcome to Converse Elementary School...Home of the Cougars!
Shaping Minds that Shape the Future!
Converse Elementary, a school of diverse and dedicated learners, is committed to providing a pathway to success for each and every learner.
Respect Hard Work
The city of Converse, Texas was established in 1877 by James Converse, a senior construction engineer with the Galveston, Harrisburg & San Antonio railroad. Mr. Converse purchased a tract of land, and later established a post office. The rural farming community thrived as goods were able to be shipped on the railway all over the United States. In 1896, Converse, Texas boasted one saloon, a grocery store and two cotton gins. In 1927, Converse families began the Converse 4-H club that is still thriving today. This is the oldest 4-H club in the state of Texas. With the addition of Randolph Air Force Base in 1930, the population enjoyed a healthy explosion of families and have shaped our community into what it is today.
The city of Converse is located in eastern Bexar County, and is surrounded by the cities of Universal City, Live Oak, Schertz, and San Antonio. It is bordered by Randolph Air Force Base and Loop 1604. Our current mayor, the Honorable Al Suarez, is an active supporter of Converse Elementary and can be found giving motivational speeches to our students at special events like our 5th grade Bridging Over Ceremony.
Converse is home to 5 Judson ISD elementary schools (Converse Elementary, Eloff Elementary, Millers Point Elementary, James Masters Elementary, and Escondido Elementary), one middle school (Judson Middle School), two high schools (Judson High School and Judson Evening High School), and one alternative school (JCARE Academy).
Although there are many schools in Converse, there is only one named after our beautiful city, Converse Elementary!