Wagner High School
Classroom Rules and Procedures
- All school rules apply; Please see your Student Handbook.
2. Maintain proper behavior at all times
3. Treat all school/students property with respect
4. Come to class prepared.
5. Personal Business should be taken care of before class.
6. If you miss school, you are responsible for make-up work, One week is allowed for make-up work.
7. No Phones and Electronic Devices are allow to be used in the Classroom or Wood-shop
8. Bottle water is allowed in the Classroom, no other drinks or food.
9. Students are to keep a notebook, and the notebook will be graded Bi-weekly. Notebook work may be used as a major grade!
10. Take pride in yourself and in your work, you are preparing yourself for a positive Future!
I have read the above rules and procedures and fully understand each.
Student Signature Date
Classroom Behavior Rules/Discipline Plan
Mr. Leyva’s Construction Technology
Each student shall:
- Be prepared for class when the bell stops ringing. This means have the materials needed for class, stop talking, and be ready to begin the day’s work. Materials you will need to bring to class include: textbook, notebook, assignments, appropriate writing instruments (pencil, black ink pen, or blue ink pen), and paper for assignments and taking notes.
- Respect each class member’s right to learn and the teacher’s right to teach.
- Respect others’ person and property. (Keep hands to self, don’t copy, don’t cheat, don’t steal, and don’t play with objects in class).
- Listen to what others are saying. Class discussion is an important part of this class. Do not ridicule or criticize another class member.
- Make an honest attempt to cooperate and participate in all activities.
- Follow any given instructions when they are given.
- Never use offensive or objectionable language.
- Do not abuse a substitute teacher.
Use common sense in class. Show respect for all members of the class. If you are not sure if something is allowed, ask. Use the appropriate behavior at the appropriate time.
When you choose not to follow these rules, to talk excessively at inappropriate times, or to not put forth a positive effort in class, one or more of the following will happen:
- A warning. Warnings may be verbal, non-verbal, or written.
- Phone call home.
- Student will receive discipline referral.
- Conference with parents/guardians, counselors, and/or administration
Severe disruptions will result in a student being removed from the class and sent to the assistant principal with a recommendation that a student be strongly disciplined. Each discipline situation is unique. Consequences may change depending on the situation.
The above guidelines are minimum requirements to maintain a learning atmosphere in this classroom. The following will happen when the above guidelines are met and exceeded:
- Increased time to go over and explain concepts.
- More material will be covered.
- We will take advantage of fun and unique learning experiences.
Life does not reward people for performing minimal requirements. Life may reward one who goes beyond what is expected, and this class is no different.