Frequently Asked Questions
Frequent Application Errors
- Not indicating interest or "applying" for specific jobs. Be sure to review the JISD job postings periodically and indicate interest in EACH specific job posting for which you want to be considered.
- After making changes to your application pages, be sure to click "SAVE AND NEXT" before exiting the system. If you do not click the SAVE AND NEXT button, your changes will not be saved.
- Carefully answer the following question, "Can you, after employment, submit verification of your legal right to work in the United States?". Answer "YES" if you can show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Is my application information confidential?
JISD is a public entity. Your application is considered a public document and is subject to disclosure upon request. The JISD applicant files are available to principals when they have open positions.
Which positions use the on-line application?
The on-line application is used for all applicants. JISD no longer accepts any paper applications.
Who should I list as a reference on my application?
You should list your current and prior supervisor(s). Begin with your most recent employer and list all positions held, as they pertain to the job field for which you are applying. Substitute applicants are REQUIRED to list employment under "Other Employment History". Email addresses are required for all references. The references you list will be automatically emailed a reference form for completion. Once they have completed the reference form, the system will automatically attach the response to your on-line application. For teachers that are new to the profession, you should list your university supervisor and cooperating teacher as a reference.
If I have applied to JISD before do I need to submit a new application?
Our applications are kept on file for one year. You can keep your file active by updating your information. You will need to retain your username and password when initially applying so that you will have future access to your application.
I'm a teacher applicant. What happens after I submit my application?
Once you have submitted your application, the application system will send you an email notifying you that the application was received. A Human Resources staff member will review your application. If you are selected for a screening interview, you will be notified via email. Screening interviews will be granted based upon District needs.
I'm a professional applicant (administrator, counselor, supervisor, etc). What happens after I submit my application?
Once you have submitted your application, the application system will send you an email notifying you that the application was received. You will need to review the current job postings and indicate interest in EACH position for which you want to be considered. You are not automatically considered for positions upon completing the application, you MUST indicate interest in specific job postings by clicking "apply for jobs".
I'm an auxiliary/manual trades applicant. What happens after I submit my application?
Once you have submitted your application, you will need to review the current job postings and indicate interest in EACH position for which you want to be considered. You are not automatically considered for positions upon completing the application, you MUST indicate interest in specific job postings by clicking "apply for jobs". It is your resopnsibility to check the job postings periodically and indicate interest in EACH job you wish to be considered for.
I'm a substitute applicant. What happens after I submit my application?
- The applicant must fully complete the online substitute/professional application and apply for the position of substitute teacher.
- Substitute candidate is notified when application is processed and a fingerprinting fast pass has been ordered. The substitute candidate will be responsible for the state fingerprinting charge of $50.20.
- These candidates will complete the state fingerprinting process and return the completion receipt to the Judson District Offices.
- All substitute candidates must provide proof of being fingerprinted by the State Board of Educator Certification before being scheduled for an orientation.
- Non-Certified candidates will be scheduled for AESOP and classroom management orientation.
- Certified candidates will be scheduled for AESOP orientation only.
- Substitute employee starts assignments when all requirements are completed.
Can I check the status of my application?
You can review your application once it has been submitted. Retain your username and password when creating your application so that you can access it in the future.
How do I know if my references have been returned to JISD?
You can review your on-line application and check the status of your references. To view the status of your references, log onto your application and click "references" on the drop down menu at the top of the page. The reference page will load and show you a status as follows: "Contacted" means that an email was sent to your reference; "Returned" means that JISD has received a reply from your reference. You will not be able to see how the reference responded only that they have responded.