English Language Learners
To ensure the individual success of identified English Language Learners through the development of academic English proficiency in speaking, reading, listening, and writing verified by objective measures, that enables them to become competitive citizens globally, socially, economically, and educationally.
Judson ISD offers several programs to assist your student in their learning. Read over the program desciptions below to find your specific needs or call 619-0361 for assistants.
- Bilingual Program / Programas Bilingües
- Transitional Bilingual/Late Exit Model /
For students who are identified as English learners by providing instruction in English and Spanish. This model offers academic growth in all content areas, such as Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies, through instruction in the student's first language (Spanish).
- Dual Language Program
For students who are English learners as well as native English speaking students. This model seeks to integrate English speakers and English learners for academic instruction, and to have a balance of native Spanish speakers and native English speakers - half English learners and half native English speakers.
- English As A Second Langauege (ESL)
The English as a Second Language Program (ESL) is offered PK through 12th Grade for qualifying English Language Learners who do not speak Spanish. The ESL Program focus is to:
- Enable English Learners (ELs) to become competent in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in the English language through the content by integrating second language methods and pedagogy.
- Emphasize the mastery of English language skills, as well as mathematics, science, and social studies, as integral parts of the academic goals for all students to enable English language learners to participate equitable in school.
- Address the affective, linguistic, and cognitive needs of English language learners.
- ESOL I Beginning and Intermediate
- ESOL II Beginning and Intermediate