JISD School Board
School Board News
Get a short summary document covering what happened at a particular meeting. We will post a "Board Brief" after each meeting and list them here.
Community Input Welcomed
The School Board welcomes comments, input or suggestions from the public. Communicate your feedback with the Board by emailing comments to email@example.com or by contacting your Representative.
Currently Under Board Review
First Readings will be at the September 20 School Board Meeting:
- DHE (LOCAL): Employee Standards of Conduct - Searches and Alcohol/Drug Testing
- FFAC (LOCAL) LDU: Wellness and Health Services - Medical Treatment
Second Readings will be at the September 20 School Board Meeting:
- BBD (LOCAL): Board Members - Training and Orientation
- CAA (LOCAL): Fiscal Management Goals and Objectives - Financial Ethics
- CJA (LOCAL): Contracted Services - Criminal History NEW POLICY
- DI (LOCAL): Employee Welfare POLICY DELETION
- FEA (LOCAL): Attendance - Compulsory Attendance
- FL (LOCAL) LDU: Student Records
Employee Communication With School Board Members
According to Texas Education Code 11.1513:
(j) The employment policy may not restrict the ability of a school district employee to communicate directly with a member of the board of trustees regarding a matter relating to the operation of the district, except that the policy may prohibit ex parte communication relating to: (1) A hearing under Subchapter E or F, Chapter 21; and (2) Another appeal or hearing in which ex parte communication would be inappropriate pending a final decision by a school district board of trustees.