Meet the Teacher
Phone: (210) 662-2210
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor-Business Management-University of Phoenix Masters-Business Administration-University of Phoenix Texas Teachers-Teaching Certificate 4-8 ESL Certification
Hello and Welcome Back!!!!
Every morning we have office hours from 8:00-8:55 am and in the afternoon from 2:00-4:00 pm. Click on the link in canvas to zoom with me for help with work or if you have any questions or concerns.
Welcom to Metzger for the 2020-2021 school year!!!! We are currently making history with the virtual start of school this year and although it is different and there will be growing pains, we are going to make it a great year!!!
If you are struggling with this new normal, here are some tips that I have found as useful:
1. Maintain a similar schedule to what you did before.-Get up in the morning, shower and dress like before. Eat breakfast and maybe watch the news with it.
2. Set up a daily schedule for during the week. Be online by 8:15 and check your email, answer your daily discussion questions. You do need to answer ALL 7 questions every day. Answering these questions marks you as present for each day. If you don't answer, you are marked absent by the system. At 2 pm, check your email and calendar. Did your teacher's reply to your emails? Did you get your work done for the day and have any work ready to turn in for tomorrow. 8-9 daily & 2-4:00 daily are times for you to get tutoring and make sure your work is done. Noone should have any missing or low graded work with the time built in to get your work done.
3. Take time to exercise.-I know working till 5 or even 6 in the evening and having to go home and feed family then do homework keeps me from being able to do much with exercise. Right now though, self-care is really important. Take a walk by yourself or with your family and look for things you might have not other wise seen.
4. 5. Try something new.-I've always wanted to make a cheesecake but never had the time as I was always working. I now can do that!!! Follow up with me to find out how it went.
6. I also focus on cleaning one room each day really good. With working 2 jobs, my housecleaning became more of a wipedown. Each day I focus on one room and make sure I get that one room done.
Please keep in good spirits & let me know what I can do to help!!!