Escondido History & Mission
Escondido Elementary is the 19th elementary school in the Judson Independent School District and opened its doors on August 20, 2018. The school was named from the surrounding neighborhoods that border on Escondido Creek. The campus houses over 500 students from Pre-Kindergarten through 5th grade. Our school piloted the full-day pre-k last year and are excited to be opening an additional unit for the 2019-2020 school year. We will also host the Head Start Program for 3 year olds through PCI for next year.
Our school sponsors numerous clubs outside of the school day. Thursday is reserved as club day! Clubs include robotics, coding, chess, choir, art, karate, cheerleading, and little dribblers to name a few. We also opened a chapter of the National Elementary Honor Society and have our own TV channel with a student news crew.
Escondido Elementary follows PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports) as well as Restorative Practices. Our students are rewarded with pride bucks that can be traded at the School Store weekly. Our PTO is active and supports our students with many activities including funding a field trip each year.
At Escondido Elementary, we educate the whole-child--honoring the academic, social, emotional and physical needs of each individual student.
Working diligently to prepare a generation of resilient and successful learners
At Escondido Elementary, we believe:
- All children are curious by nature and want to learn and be successful.
- All children have the ability and right to learn in a safe and supportive environment.
- ln recognizing and respecting the individual needs and learning styles of students.
- In nurturing the social-emotional and physical growth of students through positive relationships, love, and respect.
- In empowering students to be independent, life-long learners.